a whole new year! i’ve measured “years” by academic years, and that’s probably not going to change for awhile. regardless, there’s something new in me going into this year - a sense of urgency. i haven’t felt something like that in a long time, and while it’s kinda scary, it’s also refreshing. it feels good to have a sense of purpose and knowing that i have things i gotta do. maybe i really do thrive under pressure…though i know it’s gone just as badly the other direction.
in other news:
- sister is kicking ass in dance. Here’s to hoping she becomes Velma Kelly.
- competition is addicting: be it ssbm, beer pong, etc. etc.
- can’t wait to move in to the new apartment. everything’s all nice and new, and the there’s nothing quite like a fresh new start to something.
The Meaning of Life - StumbleUpon -
I thought this was rather…accurate.
they suck. They tend to strike at the most random, inconvenient times as well. You know what they are. We all do. Those sudden revelations you have about something, or someone, that give you a sudden understanding about whatever it is you had them about. They can be great. Inspirational even. It could be just me, but lately (and truth be told…for awhile now), they’re just…depressing.
Normally, these kind of things are associated with the good of this world, the inspirations they can bring about. I associate them with fear and loathing. Just ironic I guess. For someone so hellbent on learning and knowledge, and picking apart people’s heads for the purpose of being a better person, I’m really tired of getting revelations that describe me as the exact kind of person I’ve grown to detest.
So…the question is, how does someone solve a problem they can’t see? How does someone become an immovable object in the face of an unstoppable force? Rhetorical questions. Those suck too.
I won’t get into much about what has happened in the past few weeks. Here’s the shortlist:
- Went home to see my family. Holly (my sista) was ****ing amazing on stage. Way to go!
- Got to see some friends who I, unfortunately, hadn’t been keeping up with. Marin, Sam and Trevor, much love for you guys. Drinks were amazing, and the hot tubbing was fun ;)
- Before that, me and some friends went down to USC to play in their first “Game On!” Tournament, for Super Smash Bros. Melee. So naturally, we rocked the “UCI” tag. Ended up taking second place out of ~ 40 people, and Matt Illingworth took first place in Brawl out of slightly more people (I think). Shout outs to Matt Anderson, Johnson Lightfoote, and Kevin from ‘SC. Can’t wait to get back over there and finish the job.
So, back to the present…I’ve somehow been picked to replace a friend for an intramural b-ball game. Though I suck. But whatever should be fun I hope, even if it’s at a stupid hour (10 on Wed.).
- This weekend: draft party?
- Following weekend: TourneyPlay 5, by the far the biggest tournament I’ll go to to date. Fees are already paid for…but damn, some of the best on the West Coast (including NorCal <3) will be there.
From a long, long, loooong time ago…but I can still play :)